Dates & Venue
November 19 – 20
My TTC Mississauga
2436 Haines Road, Mississauga
- Canadian citizen and permanent residents residing in Ontario
- Athletes born in 2004 or after
- Athletes that didn’t represent Canada at senior world title events, Olympic, Pan American or Commonwealth Games
- Players listed as National Team athletes needed to get a permission from Canada Games Council. OTTA has requested permissions on behalf of the following athletes: Max Ji, Jessie Xu and Judy Zhong.
- Canada Games Council has informed OTTA that Max Ji and Jessie Xu can represent Ontario at 2023 CWG
OTTA expects that Judy Zhong will receive permission soon. If Judy participates at the Selection Tournament but for some reasons Canada Games Council doesn’t grant her permission to represent Ontario, her results will not count towards the final standings.
- Top two boys and top two girls athletes from the final round robin (RR) of eight players will be selected to represent Ontario at 2023 Canada Winter Games.
- Players with National level (or higher) in Seniors and U19 categories will be invited to final RR of 8 players directly
|CAI, Demi Yu Ting|
|JI, Max J.L.|
|YU, James Bei Bei|
Invited athletes will need to confirm their participation by 3rd of November by sending email and registration fees to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remaining 3 spots for boys and 4 spots for girls will be decided at qualifications (stage 1 of the Selection Tournament).
- Number of spots may change if one or more athletes invited to final RR don’t confirm their participation.
- Format of the 1st stage will be decided by Competition Manager and Referee based on number of entries. Most likely it will consists of RR of 3 athletes and some knock out matches if number of entries is high.
UPDATE – Preliminary schedule:
Saturday morning: CWG Boys Qualifications, 1st RR CWG Boys Final RR (8 players).
Sunday (till about 3:30 pm): CWG Boys (6 rounds) and Girls (5 rounds)
1st stage Saturday, November 19th
2nd stage – Round Robin of 8 players – Sunday, November 20th
- $160 ($80 support for HP members)
- November 16th
- November 3rd for players invited to Final RR
All selected players will attend mandatory training camps (8-10 days). Players that can not attend camps will be replaced with alternates. Training camps days will be announced in coming weeks.
High Performance memberships
- Please, send fees for High Performance memberships by e-Transfer to email@example.com with Note: for HP memberships with the players name
- Membership is valid for period September 1st – August 31st
- Your fees that you have paid for competitive membership will be prorated till August 31st and balance will be returned.