1181 Denison Street,
– Midday 14:30-18:30 (updated)
Deadline to register:
– Earn Canadian rating points – 2 Stars
Sunday, March 19th
- MORNING (09:00-13:00)
- Class 5 (U1200 rating) – players Capacity 28 (8 tables)
- U14B, Ontario Qualifications for 2023 Target Group – players Capacity 16
- U14G, Ontario Qualifications for 2023 Target Group – players Capacity 16
- MIDDAY (14:30-18:30)
- Open – players Capacity 28 (8 tables)
- U12B, Ontario Qualifications for 2023 Target Group – players Capacity 16
- U12G, Ontario Qualifications for 2023 Target Group – players Capacity 16
REGISTRATION – First come first serve
- Tables: 12
- 2 Stages:
– 1st Round Robin Groups of 3 players
– 2nd Progressive KO
- All playing Progressive KO for each position
- CCTTA will issue the prize money.
- $5 administration fee if you withdraw before the registration deadline
- All classes are based on current TTCAN Rating
- Seeding positions will be based on last available Ontario Ranking List before the tournament
- Referee has right to estimate player’s TTCAN ranking in case of players without position at Ontario Ranking List
- If less than 3 girls enter the events, all boys and girls will be placed in one category
- All matches best of 5
- You can play only one event per time slot
- All participants has to be active members of the Ontario Table Tennis Association or any other Canadian provincial TTA
- Dave Lau
- PinCheng Zhao
- Billy Ng
Qualifications for TTCAN Target Group
Three players are originally invited from Ontario: Sophia Bai, Frederick Zhang, and Aaron Du. Frederick and Aaron have been invited to participate in the U15 Selection Tournament for the PanAm Championships on the same weekend and at the same location, hence they will not be participating in the Target Group competition.
On the other side, the OTTA has until March 31 to submit further names to TTCAN. Given a short window (23 days) to propose players. The OTTA has determined that the nominations will be as follows (in order of priority):
- Winners of U12 and U14 provincial qualifying for both boys and girls; these four seats are guaranteed for TTCAN’s next Target Group event.
Moreover, the OTTA will also nominate the following players and their invitation for Target Tournaments depends on TTCAN’s selection:
- Winner of 11, Boys and Girls provincial qualifier; TTCAN aims for four U11 boys and four U11 girls.
- 2nd from provincial qualifier U14 boys and girls
- 2nd from provincial qualifier U12 boys and girls
- 3rd from provincial qualifier U14 boys and girls
- 3rd from provincial qualifier U12 boys and girls
- 4th from provincial qualifier U14 boys and girls
- 4th from provincial qualifier U12 boys and girls.
Only players having a High Performance membership will be selected.
– for U12 and U14 boys and girls on March 19 in Markham at CCTTA;
– for U11 boys and girls two regional qualifiers (Toronto and Waterloo area – March 11th (girls) and 12th (boys) in Markham in Sunny, Ottawa region – March 12 in Geng Academy). The winners of two regional qualifications will play the match on March 19 in Markham, CCTTA for the winner of provincial qualifications.