The Champlain Table Tennis Club “Scholarship Fund”, administered by TTCAN for the benefit of student athletes in Quebec and Ontario is open for nominations for 2022-2023 academic year.
The Champlain TTC operated for many years in both Quebec (Hull) and Ontario (Ottawa) in various locations. When the club closed it still had some funds left over. There are two $1,000 scholarships available for student athletes, one per province, at the college or university level.
In 2019 the scholarships were given to:
- OTTA to Robert Cloutier, ParaTT athlete from Ottawa
- FTTQ to Adina Cuchirita from Montreal
In 2020 the scholarships were given to:
- OTTA to Joyce Xu from Toronto
- FTTQ to Mattéo Martin from Montreal
In 2021 the scholarships were given to:
- OTTA to Terence Yeung from Toronto
- FTTQ to Katherine Morin
For 2022-2023 the conditions remain the same:
- One $1,000 scholarship to an active player from Quebec attending University or College (September 2022)
- One $1,000 scholarship to an active player from Ontario attending University or College (September 2022)
- Deadline for application is August 10th
The Champlain TT Club was created by Mariann Domonkos more than 30 years ago at the CEJEP de l’Outaouais in Hull, then using several locations over the years. When the CEJEP was completely renovated, the club moved to Carleton University in Ottawa. Many coaches contributed to the development of the players in the club (Mariann, Norm Tang, Adham Sharara, Donald Davidson, Attila Csaba, Guoxi Su, etc.). The players were from both sides of the river (Ottawa and Hull). Norm Tang’s family were players at the club and Norm took an active role in the management of the club together with Mariann, and later with Mr. Su and then with Attila. The club is no longer in existence, but it has a fund that was developed over the years. It is from this fund that the scholarships will be paid.
The OTTA would also like to thank Norm Tang and Mariann Domonkos for their generous and thoughtful contribution