UPDATE: POSTPONED DUE TO INCREASE IN COVID CASES AND GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS
January 7-9, 2022, Boucherville, QC
– MS, WS, U19B, U19G, U15B, U15G, U13B, U13G, U11B and U11G
The MS and WS events will serve as the selection tournament for 2022 Commonwealth Games to be held in Birmingham, England, 28 July – 8 August 2022, and 2022 World Team TT Championships in Chengdu, China (dates to be confirmed).
Results from all categories will serve for:
– Selections for any other international event to be held in first half of 2022 for which a specific selection tournament is not set.
– Next National Team selection (players placing in the top 8 will earn NT player status points) as an opportunity to gain National Team points.
– Opportunity for TTCAN to monitor players’ progress.
- MS and WS players must be eligible to represent Canada at the Commonwealth Games and the World TT Championships according to the eligibility rules for these events.
- U19, U15, U13, U11 must be a Canadian Citizen or a Permanent Resident, and already
ITTF-registered to represent Canada
- Age eligibility:
U19 – born in 2003 or after
U15 – born in 2007 or after
U13 – born in 2009 or after
U11 – born in 2011 or after.
The list of invited players
As current National Team athletes are changing age eligibility after 31 December 2021, only those current national team players who meet the age eligibility as per the attached invitation list will receive travel and accommodation financial assistance and will be entered directly in the second stage of the competition.
– All other national team players on the current list can still enter at their own expense and will start at the first stage of the competition (qualification stage).
– Non national team players who meet the eligibility requirements can also enter at their own expense and will start at the first stage of the competition (qualification stage).
- Direct “Snake” System
- The format selected for the draw for the January 7-9, 2022, Selection Tournament is the Direct “Snake” System. This format was used before for National Team Selection Tournaments. It means that all athletes in all events (Qualification Rounds and Main Draws) will be allocated in their Round Robin group in positions according to the seeding list produced by the Ratings points of the December 2021 Canadian Ranking (TTCAN website).
- Separation of athletes by Provinces/Territories will not be in effect because this is a National Team Selection Tournament for international events.
- After the cancellation of entries deadline (22 December 2021) and after corrections are made, the final entry list by category will be announced as well as the number of Round Robin groups for each event. That will determine the position of each individual athlete in their respective round robin group.
Thursday 23 December 2021, at 12 pm EST.