Geng Table-Tennis Academy
– Morning 09:30
Deadline to register:
January 19, 2023
– Per Event $45
– Medals for podium places
– Earn points for Ontario ranking – Earn Canadian rating points – 2 Stars
January’s Challenge saw 13 participants, with 4 girls and 9 boys. The format consisted of a giant round robin for placement into a progressive elimination of 16, with of course 3 byes. Medals were awarded to the top 3 overall as well as to the top 3 U11s. There were a few upsets during the day, based on both the Ontario ratings and the Canadian ratings, but the final saw Judy Zhong winning gold with Lucas Xie finishing in silver, having managed to defeat Alec Wei in their semi-final. Alec Wei finished with the bronze.
In the U11 contest, the girls dominated, with Melissa Jia taking the gold, Tiffany Liu winning the silver and Duca Ning finishing with the bronze.
Congratulations to all participants, especially for demonstrating the endurance to play 13 to 16 matches in one day.
Sunday, January 24th
- Under 19 Class 4
REGISTRATION – First come first serve
- Tables: 4
- One Round Robin Group for placement into progressivie elimination.
- For non-players masks are mandatory
- All classes are based on current TTCAN Rating
- Seeding positions will be based on last available Ontario Ranking List before the tournament
- Referee has right to estimate player’s TTCAN ranking in case of players without position at Ontario Ranking List
- If less than 3 girls enter the events, all boys and girls will be placed in one category
- All matches best of 5
- You can play only one event per time slot
- All participants has to be active members of the Ontario Table Tennis Association or any other Canadian provincial TTA
- John Dullaert