Geng Table-Tennis Academy
– Afternoon 15:00 – 20:00
Deadline to register:
– B Division: Medals for podium places
– Earn Canadian rating points – 2 Stars
Due to increased interest in participating, we made the decision to go back to our Divisions format.
Division A welcomed a new player from the Ottawa area, Serim Dogac SAYAR. The event started at 9 am, and averaged 12 matches per player, commencing with a giant round robin of 10 followed by a playdown of all 10, allowing for a couple of rematches where the winner changed between the two. Notably, the final was a very close battle between Serim Dogac Sayar and Meech Dullaert, with Meech coming back from his loss in the round robin and a 2-1 deficit in the match to win the gold 12-10 in the fifth set. The bronze went to Lucas Xie, with Alec Wei finishing fourth.
Division B, with 7 matches per player, impressively also finished with a 3-2 final, but equally important, saw the introduction of seven new young players from OTTC (Eden WANG, Zhixian ZHANG, Levi WANG, Novak KUKOLJ, Zainab ALMASOUD, Berk OZKASGARLI and Thomas MCCLELLAN). In fact, in a field of 16 players aged 8 to 15, the two eight-year-olds finished 6th (Ryan) and 9th (Novak). In the end, Tiffany Liu took the gold, Melissa Jia took the silver and Kaixiang Zhang, a nine-year-old, took the bronze, with new player Levi Wang finishing fourth.
- Registration through GTTA Head Coach Lijuan Geng (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Maximum of 32 participants in two Divisions
All participants will be split between the two Divisions based on ratings, which will be published June 23, 2023, or the day after the limit is reached
Sunday, June 25th
- Division A – Open but final classification for Ontario points will be based on TTCAN rating of participants
- Division B – Open but final classification for Ontario points will be based on TTCAN rating of participants
- Tables: 4
- The events will be a large round robin or round robin groups followed by progressive elimination playoffs, details depend on the number of entries and their levels
- Minimum of 7 matches per player
- Masks are optional
- No spectators allowed due to space limitations
- Seeding positions will be based on last available Ontario Ranking List before the tournament.
- Referee has right to use a player’s TTCAN rating for seeding in case of players without an Ontario Ranking
- All matches best of 5
- All participants has to be active members of the Ontario Table Tennis Association or any other Canadian provincial TTA
- John Dullaert