The qualification (trials) for the following events will take place on 2-4 June 2023 at My TT Club in Mississauga:
- Pan American Championships, 10-17 September, Havana, Cuba
- Pan American Games, 25 October – 5 November, Santiago, Chile
Athletes on the current National Team List (March 2023) are invited to participate in the trials:
|NT invited players||1||ZHANG, Mo||NT invited players||1||WANG, Eugene|
|2||LIAO, Ivy||2||HAZIN, Jeremy|
|3||FU, Ching Nam||3||LY, Edward|
|4||LIU, Crystal||4||WANG, Zexuan|
|5||GAUTHIER, Sophie||5||MARTIN, Simeon|
|6||MORIN, Katherine||6||JI, Max|
|7||HUI, Tong May||7||LEHMANN, Matthew|
|8||NIE, Jiayi||8||XU, Tommy|
National Team athletes:
- The above listed NT athletes will compete on 3 & 4 June (Saturday & Sunday)
- On Friday evening there will be a pre-qualification event to select 2 women and 4 men who will take part in the trails on Sat-Sun to complete the above list.
- The trails will be played in two phases, the first phase will be Group Round Robins followed by progressive knockout.
- All matches will be 3 out of 5, except for the top 4 places (semi-finals and position 3-4).
- The entry form will be made available shortly to enter the pre-qualification event (non-National Team players)
SELECTIONS – IMPORTANT
- The top 3 men and 3 women in the final standing will be selected to the Pan Am GAMES and the Pan Am Championships.
- The 4th man and 4th woman in the final standing will be selected for the Pan Am Championships only and will be the first alternate for the Pan Am Games.
- Those selected for the Pan Am Games will be entered in at least one international event (WTT) in preparation for the Games, and /or a training camp. This selection is compulsory.
Balls: The Double Happiness D40+ balls will be used.
Travel and Accommodation:
- Players from BC and MB will travel by air. Please book the best rate ticket and confirm with Melanie Ostashek, Operations Manager (email@example.com ) for booking and reimbursement.
- Players from QC will be reimbursed mileage (car) for up to 2 cars including coaches.
- Players from BC, MB and QC, will be provided the hotel for Friday and Saturday nights based on double occupancy (paid by TTCAN).
- All meals are at the players’ own expense.
- For selected NT athletes (above list) you must confirm your participation by 2 May 2023 by paying the entry fee of $100 by e-mail transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org