Geng Table-Tennis Academy
Deadline to register:
– Medals for top 3 U9 Participants, if at least 4 register, otherwise for the top 3 U11 participants
– Earn Canadian rating points – 2 Stars
Registration through GTTA Head Coach Lijuan Geng (email@example.com).
Priority for registration is to those that are training regularly at an HPC (GTTA, Ontario or National), but others are welcome.
Sunday, March 12th
- Open but final classification for Ontario points will be based on TTCAN rating of participants
- Tables: 4
- The single event will be a large round robin or round robin groups followed by round robin playoffs, details depend on the number of entries and their levels
- Minimum of 7 matches per player
- Masks must be worn when not playing
- No spectators allowed due to space limitations
- Seeding positions will be based on last available Ontario Ranking List before the tournament
- Referee has right to estimate player’s TTCAN rating in case of players without position at Ontario Ranking List
- All matches best of 5
- All participants has to be active members of the Ontario Table Tennis Association or any other Canadian provincial TTA
- John Dullaert
Three players are originally invited from Ontario: Sophia Bai, Frederick Zhang, and Aaron Du. Frederick and Aaron have been invited to participate in the U15 Selection Tournament for the PanAm Championships on the same weekend and at the same location, hence they will not be participating in the Target Group competition.
On the other side, the OTTA has until March 31 to submit further names to TTCAN. Given a short window (23 days) to propose players. The OTTA has determined that the nominations will be as follows (in order of priority):
- Winners of U12 and U14 provincial qualifying for both boys and girls; these four seats are guaranteed for TTCAN’s next Target Group event.
Moreover, the OTTA will also nominate the following players and their invitation for Target Tournaments depends on TTCAN’s selection:
- Winner of 11, Boys and Girls provincial qualifier; TTCAN aims for four U11 boys and four U11 girls.
- 2nd from provincial qualifier U14 boys and girls
- 2nd from provincial qualifier U12 boys and girls
- 3rd from provincial qualifier U14 boys and girls
- 3rd from provincial qualifier U12 boys and girls
- 4th from provincial qualifier U14 boys and girls
- 4th from provincial qualifier U12 boys and girls.
Only players having a High Performance membership will be selected.
– for U12 and U14 boys and girls on March 19 in Markham at CCTTA;
– for U11 boys and girls two regional qualifiers (Toronto and Waterloo area – March 11th (girls) and 12th (boys) in Markham in Sunny, Ottawa region – March 12 in Geng Academy). The winners of two regional qualifications will play the match on March 19 in Markham, CCTTA for the winner of provincial qualifications.